Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Finally we hear that Fremont is "officially" dead:
The Oakland A's slammed the door on any move to Fremont today, citing strong opposition to both of their stadium proposals.

"I have concluded that further consideration of the A's relocating to Fremont must cease," team co-owner Lew Wolff wrote in a letter sent to city officials today.

Wolff's announcement has been expected since last week when he halted the environmental process needed for approve a future stadium either adjacent to the Pacific Commons shopping center west of Interstate 880, or between interstates 680 and 880 near the New United Motor Manufacturing Inc. plant.
There is only one logical place for the A's to land, and that is San Jose. Now, there are many obstacles to overcome, but if anyone can do this we can.

Personally I never thought that Fremont would work out, my biggest reason being that a ballpark in downtown San Jose just made better economic sense, and secondly having Major League Baseball here in San Jose is a dream of mine.

So, keep checking this blog for updates on how you can once again be a part of bringing Major League Baseball to San Jose.

Play ball San Jose.

2 comments:

  1. I remember it wasn't trivial to find when I last looked, so could I suggest you post a link to the various SJ Ballpark documents that are floating around online. I seem to remember finding both a presentation or two, and the complete EIR (that's quite easy to read, and well done).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of those still, will post what I can later today, the presentations were very well done as I remember.

    Oh, the days of baseball san jose trivia ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, your post will appear as soon as it is approved.